Puppy Love  

Posted by Eloise Smith

Joshua adores our dog Maddie. She is a sweet puppy and we love her an awful lot. We have another dog for the time being Sadie who is a bit rambunctious and full of energy. And she is a bit bigger than Maddie and she is not even a year old yet. Maddie has been with our family almost as long as we have been a family. Cody and I got her when we had been married for three months and she fit right in. There have been some changes with a new baby (Joshua), a toddler, and a move. She used to sleep in our bed but that just doesn't work anymore. With Sadie being around she has spent a lot of time outside with her and less time inside. We miss having her around at our feet and trying to steal treats. We have started bringing her back in more and I was shocked to find this...

He kept making this ridiculous face while I was trying to get a close up and it was hilarious. I was cracking up!


Maddie just fell right back in with the routine of things. As I said, Joshua adores her. She had curled up on the couch after a bath and Joshua climbed up and just found a comfy spot. Maddie didn't mind at all. She just wiggled in even more. They stayed like this for just over an hour. I really thought Joshua was going to fall asleep but he managed to keep his eyes open. Our little Maddie is so patient and sweet. I am glad that Josh can be a boy around her and that she lets him chase and pester her. She's just another one of the family.

This entry was posted on 12:42 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I'm glad Josh has a friend. One of my little brothers is 8 and the last one home and he has a dog too, and they are the best of friends. They wrestle and chase each other. It is the best. I'm so glad some dogs are patient and can enjoy the hyper love that little ones love to share.