Moving...  

Posted by Eloise Smith

The move went ok. As well as we could have expected it with the circumstances. We had two weeks from the interview to find a house, pack up, and get moved so Cody could start his new job. The commute from Tucson would have been close to three hours round trip and it just wasn't logical. So we decided after a lot of prayer and talking that it would be best to make the move right away. I was in the middle of finals, Cody had a mid-term, and it is the holidays. We ended up having about three days to pack. Needless to say not everything got done, and nearly everything that we did manage to get packed did not end up the way I had planned. We are so thankful for our wonderful families who were there to help us watch Josh so we could pack, load the truck, and deal with the chaos of a VERY unorganized move. We moved the 19th, so that left us with four days to try to get somewhat settled before Christmas. Even with all of the chaos, we made it to our new home with almost everything that we really needed.

We have a wonderful new ward that we are really enjoying being a part of. There were a handful of members there to help us move in and some of them even brought us treats to help us feel more at home. They were all so sweet.

We really wanted to attend our new ward the next morning. We were tired and worn out, but we have so many things to be grateful for we wanted to show our thanks to our Heavenly Father. Our new ward met at 9:00 a.m. and we were up and getting ready. Cody grabbed a shower, I told him the box we would need with most of our important clothing and I headed in to take a shower. When I got out, I asked Cody if he had found it. Unfortunately, we some how left that box in Tucson. I didn't have a dryer that worked yet and we were up a creek. I rummaged through a couple of duffle bags we had brought up a few days earlier and luckily I was able to find some of what we needed. The rest I threw in the washer, and then we went down to the only laundromat in town and used a dryer. I thought that it would be pretty dead, but it was packed! I was dying.

We eventually finished up with drying our clothes. We had already missed out meeting, but we ran home finished getting ready, found enough Sunday clothes to work, and attended the other ward at 1:00. It was Christmas Sunday so I really didn't want to miss church. I am so happy we went. It was a great meeting and really reminded me of the true reason of the Christmas season.

Here are a couple pictures of our new home. They were just taken with my cell phone. As soon as I get some better ones I will post those.


This entry was posted on 12:20 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments