Christmas Morning  

Posted by Eloise Smith

Christmas morning was great! It brought us so much joy to see Joshua's face when he walked out to see what Santa brought. He was so excited. We spent the day at my parent's house with my entire family which was a lot of fun because it is rare that we are able to be together at the same time anymore. Joshua got some really fun gifts as did Cody and I. After we opened presents, we spent the afternoon relaxing, playing the Wii, and playing with all of our toys. That night, we all went to see "Alvin and The Chipmunks the squeakquel". MY cousin April was able to go with us too! We were very happy to have her come with us. Josh decided to not be happy only a third of the way through the movie so the two of us spent a lot of the movie standing in the entryway or out in the hall. It was still a lot of fun! Here are a few pictures of us opening our gifts Christmas morning.

So this gift was AWESOME!!! They are called fits balls. My sister-in-law made them for Josh. When someone is throwing a fit, they are soft cotton filled balls that you throw at them. Usually it lightens the situation and everyone laughs. JOSH LOVES THEM!!! They are one of his favorite toys by far.

This was one of my favorite gifts. A few years ago, my mom started a new tradition. She buys us storybooks and depending on the message they hold her and my dad write in the covers a message from them. It's really special and will be a keepsake for us and our children. It all started because my parents wanted to instill in us the importance of reading to your children. I love this new tradition and look forward to it every year.

This was another really great and special gift. My brother and his wife made this for me. It is such a great idea and I love it!

These are special drawing erasers that my sister got for Cody. He thought they were awesome!

This is Joshua's new rocking horse my parents got for him. He is quite taken with it. It clip clops and neighs which he thinks is pretty cool.

Joshua also got a tonka dump truck. He likes to sit in it, and take his stuffed animals for rides in it. We sure do have a lot of fun watching him.

My sister and Cody have this horrible joke that they continually play every time they are together. They insist on trying to offend one another by creatively claiming the other is "overweight" by comparing them to a particular continent or the amount they eat. Anyway, she got Cody these doughnuts as part of their inside joke. Cody LOVED IT!!!

This is a drum that is filled with other musical instruments that my parents got for Joshua. He loves it and we have had a lot of fun creating our own little band. Josh thinks it's pretty hilarious.

Shannon got this coloring book for Josh. It's Star Wars and Joshua was ecstatic. He loves books and for some reason coloring books are really great to him. After he finished reading it with Auntie he ran over and shared it with Grandpa. Shannon and Joshua have a very special relationship and I am so grateful that they are so close. I know that he will always have someone to take good care of him.

I am one lucky girl! My parents got this cricut software for me. It is an amazing gift! It allows me to combine my different cartridges and create my own designs. It's awesome and I know, I'm spoiled!

This entry was posted on 7:04 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments