Happy Birthday Cody!  

Posted by Eloise Smith


I am one lucky girl. There really are not words to express what a great husband I have. He is truly one of the greatest blessings I have been given. He really is my other half. Our personalities can be so different and so alike at the same time. I have a husband who loves me unconditionally, who tries his hardest to help me in every way he is able, he is super supportive, a great father, he is funny, spiritual, a great example, he is tough when he needs to be and tender most of the other time, he is handsome, and best of all he is mine. I don't know where I would be without him. I'm sure I would be quite lost. I thank my Heavenly Father for everyday I have with him because each day he makes me a better person. He is my knight in shining armor. Thanks for being you Code. I sure do LOVE YOU!! Here is a re-cap of how we celebrated Cody this year.

Cody is an April Fool's Day baby, and his birthday fell on a Thursday this year. He turned 27, and even though he claimed he wanted to forget about his birthday this year I hope that we all made it a great day for him. We started out the morning by making a big breakfast. Cody loves breakfast and so I thought this would give him a nice start for his birthday. We had scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, and blueberry muffins. Before we served it up, I put a candle in one of the muffins and lit it. Joshua carried it over to Cody as we sang Happy Birthday. It was a lot of fun to watch Joshua get so excited and still try to be so careful. Cody decided to have his as a breakfast burrito and then took the left over muffins to share with his co-workers. He headed out and I realized that in the rush of things Cody had forgotten his lunch. Bummer! Well it gave me a good excuse to be a little over the top which I tend to be from time to time but especially with birthdays. They were always a really big deal at our house growing up and I can't help it. So I decided I would take lunch to Cody and his two co-workers. We did a sub sandwich spread, with chips, a veggie tray, dip, and raspberry lemonade. It wasn't anything too special but not too bad for one hour. We also decided to get Cody some balloons for his desk. We rushed home and got everything prepared and headed out to Cody's office which is about 20 minutes away. I think we definitely embarrassed him with the balloons but in a good way. He has a great smile on his face. After Cody got home from work, we opened presents. He got a new game called quip it, a fishing license, Beauty and the Beast on dvd, a book called "Why I Love My Daddy" from Joshua, and the Star Trek soundtrack. I think he was pretty happy. Next we headed to dinner and had pizza and hot wings which is a favorite of Cody's. After dinner we got Josh in bed and then we snuggled and watch Les Miserable and has cookies and cream pie for dessert. I thought it was a great day. I just hope Cody has as much fun as we did.



Then on Saturday, we drove down to celebrate with my family. Like I said birthdays were a big deal growing up and my sweet mom has not given up the habit. Cody LOVES to fish and luckily he and my dad have that in common. This year, my dad took Cody fishing for the day to a small pond near my parents home. Cody was really excited that my brother was able to come too. They has a great time and all came back quite sunburned. We got to hear a lot of fun stories about all the fish they were catching and their size. They were just catching crappie (pronounced craw-pi) so they were pretty small. Take a close look at some of the pictures below and you will see they were really catching bait. We got a good laugh at the pictures they brought home!

After they got back, we went to see "How To Train Your Dragon". It was SO cute. We were very pleasantly surprised. It was really good and we would recommend it! It had such a great message and was also very entertaining. Joshua loved it and to our surprise sat through the entire movie. I think that was an extra birthday gift to Daddy that Josh wasn't even aware of.

After that we were going to head home and BBQ but it had gotten to be quite late so we decided to go and grab pizza at Toni's Kitchen. It is a local restaurant that we really like and it happens to in the same plaza as the theater. After dinner we went back to my parents for ice cream cake. This poor cake looked awful. My poor Mom was so upset when she picked it up because it had been decorated so badly. I told her not to worry about it but she was not happy. I thought I might have to pull her out of the Dairy Queen before she threw it at the poor girl. I don't blame her though. It really was bad; especially considering the price she paid for it. Anyway, we sang Happy Birthday, and then Cody tried to blow out his candles. My Mom had used candles that she already had at the house from an earlier party and they happened to be trick candles. It was priceless! Cody was saying, "They're trick candles!" and my Mom was laughing and said, "No, really, they're not!" when in fact they were. It gave us all a good laugh and we got some fun pictures out of it.

We finally ate our cake, and opened presents. Cody got a new pair of basketball shorts, a drawing book and some colored pencils for drawing pets, the Iron Man soundtrack, the Star Wars the force unleashed and Avatar games for the Wii. He was very excited for all of his new toys. It was a really fun and memorable day!!


HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY CODE!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

This entry was posted on 9:10 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments