Cuddle Buddies  

Posted by Eloise Smith

Joshua has started to ask that we lay with him when it is time to take a nap, or for bed. We really don't mind. He will only be little for such a short time that we will take the cuddles while we can. We do try to avoid having him be dependent on having us there to fall asleep though. Usually we will wait until he is really sleepy and then leave the room so he can fall asleep on his own. The other afternoon, Joshua asked for Daddy to lay with him. Cody is a little tall to fit in Joshua's bed with him and all of his stuffed animals, the guard rails, and his blankets but he makes it work. So he climbed on in bed along side Joshua and tried to help him wind down. Apparently it worked a little too well. After quite some time, I went in to make sure everything was ok and see if I could help. I found a very tired little boy and a Daddy who had conked out beside him. I grabbed my camera and snapped a quick picture to remember the moment. It's not a great picture because I was trying to avoid waking them up, but it's enough to capture the memory. I thought that it was pretty sweet and wanted to make sure I documented these quickly passing moments. He sure is growing up fast...

This entry was posted on 2:52 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Hey Eloise!! I've been trying to get a hold of you! Call me when you get time. I remembered you said you had a blog and so I tried everything to remember what you told me the address was and I finally found it! Joshua is getting so big and you are almost done with baby #2. Call me with your email and I'll send you an invite to our blog so we can keep in touch. I miss you guys soooooooooo much we have to get together some time soon!!

love,
emily